Verification of the Contractile Behaviour Of a Fiber Embedded Muscle Finite Element Model
Reference: VERMUS (Acronym)
Student: Alihan Yörük
The Holzapfel-Ogden-Gasser (2000) formulation has been successfully implemented into FEAP (Finite Element Analysis Program) as a new fiber embedded large-deformation incompressible hyperelastic element. The new finite element also features contractile behavior governed by the theory of cross-bridge kinetics.
We will continue to share our know-how with a graduating senior who would be willing to test various muscle contraction conditions in this newly developed finite element platform.
- Read the research project report containing preliminary background information.
- Install the shared virtual machine, and verify existing FEAP install
- Carry out various input tests with the FEAP muscle, including isometricand isotonic tests, patch tests with 8 and 32 elements.
- Practice post-processing of the results with gnuplot.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Should have taken the ME477 course.
- Interest in the field of mechano-biology.
- Interest in operating systems and programming.
- Manipulation and reporting of computational data.