Sweeping the Harmonic Frequency Response of a Cantilever Plate subjected to Base Excitation
Energy-harvesting from environmental vibrations is a hot trend in engineering. In this project, we analyze the harmonic response of miniature cantilever plates using FEAP (Finite Element Analysis Program). The objective is to pipeline the output of FEAP to an optimization script in Octave. We would like to share our know-how with a graduating senior who would be willing to test various numerical scenarios in our finite element platform.
- Read the research project report containing preliminary background information.
- Install the shared virtual machine, and verify existing FEAP install.
- Learn how to obtain the resonant frequencies of a plate.
- Carry out various input tests with the FEAP, including frequency sweeps about resonant frewuencies of the plate.
- Practice post-processing of the results with gnuplot.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Should have taken the ME477 course.
- Interest in the field of structural analysis
- Interest in operating systems and programming.
- Manipulation and reporting of computational data.
Ref: 117M101-FEA (Acronym)
Student: Arda Sarıoğlu