Robotic Surface Roughness Measurement
An available robot mechanism will be adapted for measuring surface roughness of materials. The parallel robot structure is capable of performing precise positioning operations. A laser proximity sensor head will be utilized. Some programming for positioning the robot and reading sensor data will be needed. Collected data will be analyzed for quantifying surface roughness.
- Getting familiar with parallel robot structure, G-programming
- Fitting the available robot mechanism with a laser sensor
- Run tests on surface roughness, gather data, analyze results
- Prepare a final report
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- General interest in mechatronics and robotics.
- Academic research skills.
Reference: SURFSCAN (Acronym)
Student: Süleyman Berkem Bosnalı