Progamming a Software for Pressure Drop Calculations of Various Piping Systems as a Mobile App
Reference: PAS-PDC-VPS-AMA (Acronym)
Student: Ali Fırat Yazıcı
Piping network generally requires detailed calculation of pressure drop for each pipe length, a pipe when diameter is varied or forced to a turn and valves etc. Therefore, an engineer needs to perform these calculations very carefully by looking tabulated data for the corresponding loss coefficients and appropriate equations. This actually can be tedious if the engineer needs to estimate a pumping power capacity for a building in a limited time.
In this project a student is asked to program a software for pressure drop calculation of a building’s piping network. The software needs to choose a convenient pump based on the pressure drop in the building. The loss calculations must include both major and minor losses across the entire piping network. This software should be tested with hand calculation for various cases. It is also desirable to have optimized solution for piping topography. The software can also recommend an alternative piping system for the same task.
- have knowledge of fundamental thermodynamics and fluid mechanics concepts.
- needs to be interested in programming for mobile applications.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- have interest in piping network in buildings.
- should be able to model piping network and provide possible alternative routes for the network.
- requires programming skill and numerical analysis knowledge.