Parametric CAD Modeling of the Lumbar Spinal Column
The spinal cord is the main bridge over which all nervous system data is transmitted to and from the brain. This cord is supported and protected by the vertebral column which consists one of the most delicate and intricate structures among living organisms. In this project, a student will take part in an ongoing effort to create a generic vertebral column. The work will be restricted to the lumbar portion of the column. This project will be in parallel with FEA-SP.
- Three-dimensional reconstruction of medical imaging data.
- Parameterization of the lubmar spinal column assembly.
- Part level CAD modeling of a generic lumbar vertebra.
- Validation of the model by superposition onto reconstructed surface
Qualifications and Skills:
- should have adequate computer skills (3dslicer, meshlab, etc.)
- should have a good grasp of solid modeling concepts.
- should have good command of CAD software.
Ref: PCAD-SP (Acronym)
Student: Hayrettin Mert Yağız