Literature Survey on Human Energy Harvesting Devices
Obtaining electrical energy from human motion is a challenging task, as human motion is complex and many of its parameters (such as amplitude, speed, frequency etc) are highly varying. Researchers aim to harvest usable energy during everyday human activities such as walking, running or even breathing.
In this project, it is aimed to make a comprehensive literature survey on human energy harvesting devices, with special emphasis on:
- Wearable harvesters, such as “knee” harvesters
- Backpack energy harvesters
- Shoe energy harvesters
As a part of this review, a thorough comparison of the aforementioned methods is also required.
- Described in the project description part.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Interest in mechanical vibrations
- Should have taken ME 445.
- Interested in reading technical articles, patents, etc.
Ref: S-HUMAN (Acronym)
Student: Necati Karabucak
Duration: 1 semester