Experimental Study of an Evaporator Distributor
In this project, an evaporator distributor shown in the figure below will be analyzed to identify its performance based on how fluid is distributed to the evaporator tubes. Experimental apparatus will be verified and required number of experiments will be determined. Experiments will be performed for several different liquid to vapor ratios and pressure values. Parametric study will be performed to determine which parameters play an important role in distribution process. This project will be carried out with an industry partner.
- have knowledge of fundamental thermodynamics and fluid mechanics concepts.
- needs to be interested in Solidworks.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- should be able to work with Solidworks
- should be familiar with data acquisition systems.
- requires programming skill to have communication with CFD model.
- requires bi-weekly visits to company to discuss the progress of project.
Student: Mustafa Gezer