Development of an Indoor Navigation Application/Device
A mobile application or device for indoor navigation will be developed. Nowadays mobile phones have capability to detect motion, particularly acceleration and angular acceleration information. Accelerometers can be used for estimating position of a moving vehicle or object. Using low-cost sensors result in measurement error and noise that needs to be eliminated. Kalman filtering is a common method to mathematically eliminate measurement error based on a mathematical model of the system. Noise filtering will be implemented and position estimation performance will be assessed.
- Literature and technology survey.
- Simulation and implementation of the noise filtering and sensor fusion methods.
- Conduct tests and prepare a final report.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- General interest in dynamics and mechatronics areas.
- MATLAB/Simulink experience.
- Academic research skills.
Position Availability: 1 Student