Design of a Solar Residential System
Prof. Dr. Cem Soruşbay (İ.T.Ü.)
The aim of the project is to design a solar electric system for a single house with a flat roof. An off-grid system with PV modules will be designed. According to the total power requirement capacity of the solar modules will be calculated considering all losses. Placement of the panels, inclination angle etc will be decided considering the geographic location of the house. A mounting system for the panels will be designed.
- Calculation of total power requirement and the capacity of the
- The optimum angle for the panels will be calculated to maximize
the sun energy for all year long considering latitude.
- Design of the mounting system.
- Design of other system components (battery, inverter, regulator
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- General interest in energy topics.
- Design interest.
Reference: SRSys (Acronym)
Student: Mert Çöl