Design of a Solar Car Charging Station
Prof. Dr. Cem Soruşbay (İ.T.Ü.)
The aim of the project is to design a solar electric system for an electric vehicle charging station. An off-grid system with PV modules will be designed. According to the power requirement capacity of the solar modules will be calculated considering all losses. Placement of the panels, inclination angle etc will be decided for the geographic location of the station. The charging station construction and the mounting system for the panels will be designed.
- Calculation of total power requirement and the capacity of the
PV modules for four passenger cars.
- The optimum angle for the panels will be calculated to maximize
the sun energy for all year long considering latitude.
- Design of the mounting system and the charging station.
- Design of other system components (battery, inverter, regulator
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- General interest in energy topics.
- Design interest.
Reference: SCChar (Acronym)
Student: Caner Kondak