Design of a Gyroscopically Mounted Anti-vibration box to Transport Delicate Matter
A box will be designed that will be mounted on gimbals within another box such that the inner box will be isolated from motion of the outer box. The requirements for the box will be specified in terms of the maximum accelerations in the three orthogonal directions that may be applied to the outer casing. A prototype of the system will be built and tested.(This project is sister of ANTIVIB1.)
- Reviewing and understanding vibration isolation.
- Learning 3D dynamics, gyroscopic principles(and gimbals).
- Preliminary design.
- Computer modelling.
- Detail design.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Should have taken the ME477 course.
- A good understanding and interest in vibration.
- Interest in theoretical and experimental work.
Ref: ANTIVIB-2 (Acronym)
Vacancy: 1 student
Duration: 1 semester