Design and Fabrication of a Cantilever Beam with Movable Vibration Axis and End Mass Position
This project is a part of an ongoing TUBITAK project, which aims to determine the vibration energy harvesting performance of various piezoelectric cantilever beam geometries. The aim of this senior project is to design and construct an adjustable cantilever beam, which is to be used on the shaker in Robotics Lab. The angle between the axis of vibration and the beam longitudinal axis should be adjustable. In addition, the end mass should be at an adjustable distance from the beam tip, and the arm connecting the end mass and beam tip should be able to rotate to a desired angle. The effect of these two adjustable angles will be analyzed in the later phases of the TUBITAK project.
- Conceptual design of the adjustable beam
- Embodiment design. Selection of materials.
- Solid modeling. Detailed design.
- Characterization of the fabricated beam.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Interest in design & solid modeling
- Interest in working in machine shop & fabrication
- Should have taken ME 343 course (and preferably ME 344).
Ref: 2ANGLE (Acronym)
Student: Umut Nal
Duration: 1 semester